Getting ready tips
(These tips are all just tips and recommendations, you have the final say on anything in this guide.)
- For clothing, neutral colors look really beautiful and don't compete with the background or other colors in the frame. Patterns/prints could work if paired and coordinated with solid colors. For example, if one person is wearing a pattern/print have the other where solid colors.
- Logos or branding of any sort could be distracting in photos, it would be recommended to not wear clothes with logos or branding.
- Coordinating outfits with your partner really helps bring the photos together. Remember, the colors that you choose to wear are going to be the colors present in your photos.
- If you plan to display prints in your home, try to consider your home decor when planning outfits or opt for neutrals like grey, shades of beige, cream, taupe, nude, tan with perhaps just a pop or color, or accent color.
- Black for a maternity shoot is not recommended as black is slimming so it could be difficult to see depth in a flat image while in forward facing poses.